Kindergarten Teacher (for the 2023-2024 school year):
A small private college preparatory school, within walking distance of the University of Texas, is seeking a Kindergarten teacher candidate for the 2023-2024 school year with an early childhood degree who can also foster and facilitate the intellectual and social development of their students. Must teach with patience and creativity in a nurturing manner. A Bachelor’s Degree is required and a Master’s Degree is an asset. At least one-year of experience teaching kindergarten classes required. Certification is a plus.
Position is full-time and salary is commensurate with experience.
Middle School Program Lead (for the 2023-2024 school year):
The Middle School Program Lead will work with the Executive Director in carrying out Kirby Hall’s academic programs and in developing elective programs and student leadership activities. The Middle School Program Lead will understand and respond to the challenges presented by our middle school student population and provide proactive leadership in the development and delivery of programs and services to support the students’ academic achievement, personal and social development. The Middle School Program Lead will work cooperatively with the Executive Director, counselor, staff, students and parents towards a positive school climate.
• Promotes the school spirit and values.
• Supports the students to help them become responsible citizens.
• Encourages the students to take the lead and become more autonomous.
• Supports and helps organizing the Junior Honor Society.
• Organizes community service projects.
• Conducts individual follow up of the students.
• Works closely with the teachers, especially the homeroom teacher/advisor.
• Helps the students transitioning from 5th into middle school.
• Listens to the students sympathetically and works on solutions to student issues.
• Promotes restorative measures when dealing with punishments.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Energetic and proactive
• Patient and diplomatic.
Salary is commensurate with level of education and experience.